I love including my kids in my culinary adventures! It gives us the opportunity to connect, learn, and be creative together, and when we’re making my favorite holiday sugar cookies, it also allows us to spend time celebrating the holidays together! Decorating sugar cookies as a family is so much fun, and so is eating our delicious, freshly made treats. With all of the wholesome ingredients in these gluten-free, dairy-free, and superfood-packed cookies, I don’t even worry about how many my little cookie monsters are having. The Manuka honey in the frosting is naturally anti-bacterial, which helps ward of those winter colds, and the healthy fats in the almond flour and coconut oil are heart-healthy. A tablespoon of each of my Philosophie Superfood + Protein Blends adds 10g of muscle-building protein, as well as dose of some of the world’s most healing foods. We make them in three different flavors, Green Dream, Berry Bliss, and Cacao Magic, add frosting and decorative toppings, and then enjoy!
For the cookies:
- 4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup coconut oil, softened
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan Pink salt
- 1 tablespoon Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1 tablespoon of Berry Bliss Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1 tablespoon of Cacao Magic Superfood + Protein Blend
For the frosting:
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan Pink salt
- 1 1/3 tablespoons of Greenbee Manuka Honey
- 1 1/3 tablespoons of Berrybee Manuka Honey
- 1 1/3 tablespoons of Cacaobee Manuka Honey
- 1 teaspoon Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1 teaspoon of Berry Bliss Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1 teaspoon of Cacao Magic Superfood + Protein Blend
- red and green food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and salt. The batter should be thick and creamy.
- Separate the batter into thirds and place in three separate medium mixing bowls.
- Add one tablespoon of each of the superfood powders to each mixing bowl by sprinkling it evenly across the batter. Knead and mix until well incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop the batter by rounded scoopfuls onto a parchment-paper lined baking sheet OR roll out the dough with a rolling pin and use cookie cutters to create shapes.
- Bake at 350F for 6 - 8 minutes. Once the edges of the cookies have turned a golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before lifting from cookie sheet.
- While your cookies are cooling, create the frosting by mixing the coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Separate the frosting mixture into three small mixing bowls and add Berry Bliss Superfood Powder and Berrybee Manuka Honey to one, Green Dream Superfood Powder and Greenbee Manuka Honey to another, and Cacao Magic Superfood Powder and Cacaobee Manuka Honey to the remaining one.
- At this point, you may also add food coloring to make the colors of the icing brighter if you wish. (A small drop of red for Berry Bliss, a small drop of green for Green Dream, and a small drop of each for Cacao Magic.)
- You can place the frosting in the fridge to thicken if it becomes too runny.
- Add frosting to the cookies and then cool in the fridge before decorating.
- Store cookies in fridge until serving.
We’d love to see photos of the beautiful and nourishing treats that you create for your family over the holidays! Follow at @philosophiemama on Instagram, share your photos, and be sure to tag #myphilosophie!