Whether you’re looking for a vegetarian BBQ menu or just want to add some delicious, nourishing sides to your traditional BBQ staples, fire up the grill for a savory Grilled Avocado + Romaine Salad and a colorful assortment of grilled fruits + veggies, including golden peaches drizzled with Cacao Bee Manuka Honey. Be sure to balance out the fire with refreshingly crisp watermelon, and add some kale chips for a delightful crunch!
Grilled Avocado + Romaine Salad
- cherry tomatoes
- pine nuts
- olive oil (2 tablespoons for the dressing + extra for the romaine)
- cracked pepper
- sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Dry grill the avocado on a grill pan over medium high heat until grill marks appear. Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. After, dry grill the romaine in a covered grill pan on medium heat until it begins to turn a beautiful brown. Remove from heat and brush on olive oil. Arrange the avocado and romaine on a platter, adding the cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, and cilantro. Mix the Green Dream, olive oil lemon juice, salt, and pepper into a dressing and drizzle on top.
Grilled Veggies + Pineapple & Sliced Watermelon
- red onion
- bell pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons Cacao Bee Manuka Honey
Grill veggies and pineapple until grill marks are visible, and then remove from heat and serve. For the peaches, dry grill them on a grill pan over medium high heat until the grill marks are visible and then drizzle on the manuka honey. Cut the watermelon into bite-sized cubes (great for small kiddies!) or go with the traditional summer triangles!
Cheesy Kale Chips
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1 cup cashews (soaked 2 hours)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Green Bee Manuka Honey
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
Rinse the kale and spin dry. Remove the stems and tear into bite size pieces. Let the kale air out as much as possible before coating. Blend the ingredients for the cheesy seasoning in the blender until smooth. Transfer kale and seasoning to a large bowl and mix well, using your hands to ensure the leaves are well coated. Spread kale leaves out on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until leaves are crisp when shaken in pan.