These (not so) Peanut Butter cookies are made with a secret ingredient. Well, two I suppose. The sunbutter is what we are using instead of peanut butter to make the cookies green, and the Philosophie Green Dream superfoods, of course, for extra protein + nutrients!
in a mixer or food processor:
- 1/2 C (3oz) melted coconut oil
- 3/4 C coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 T sunbutter (sunflower seed butter)
- 1 t vanilla
in a medium bowl, whisk together:
- 1 C almond flour
- 1 t coconut flour
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1 T green dream powder
- 1/4 t salt
- In a stand mixer or food processor, beat together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, sunbutter + vanilla until smooth.
- Whisk together flours, baking soda, Green Dream superfoods + salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients + beat until smooth, making sure the flours are incorporated.
- Scoop by the tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake it at 350 for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned on the edges.
tip: it's important to use sun butter vs other nut/seed butters because this is one of the things that will turn the cookies green! (along with the green dream superfoods!) If you don't need it to be green, you could use ANY nut butter here: cashew butter, almond butter, macadamia nut butter or coconut butter.