Kelp noodles rawk!!! They are virtually calorie free and don’t taste like the sea at all. There is no sugar, gluten, wheat, rice or flour. Kelp is known to aid the metabolism, boost energy, aid in digestion and they contain an abundance of minerals.
- 2 packages Kelp Noodles
- 2 large bushels of fresh Basil leaves
- 1 C fresh Spinach
- 1/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 C raw Pinenuts
- 2 fresh Garlic cloves
- 1/2 t Celtic Sea Salt
1) soak kelp noodles in warm/hot water for at least 20 minutes. Drain and wring out excess water.
2) combine all ingredients in food processor/Cuisinart (except kelp noodles)
3) taste the pesto. It may need more sea salt or garlic for your taste. Also, if it's too chunky, add more olive oil or a little bit of filtered water. If it's too watery, add more pine nuts or spinach/basil.