I made these grain-free, paleo + gluten-free cookies today + basically dropped dead after trying them. I can't begin to tell you how amazing they are... and even the kids + hubby were head over heels in LOVE! They are soft, pillowy, tasty + SO HEALTHY! I can promise you, there isn't a person in your life that won't adore these: health nut or not! The Cacao Magic superfoods in this recipe sets it apart from other recipes out there. Cacao Magic has energizing raw cacao, hormone balancing maca root, healing medicinal reishi + omega rich chia seeds. What are you waiting for?
place in a bowl of a stand mixer or in food processor:
- 1/3 C coconut oil
- 1/4 C blood orange juice or passion fruit juice
- 1 C coconut sugar
- 3 dates
- 2 eggs (or to make vegan, 2 chia seed eggs)
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 C almond flour
- 1/4 C coconut flour
- 3/4 C cacao magic powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 C chocolate pieces/chunks (we like Enjoy Life brand)
1. Blend together coconut oil, blood orange juice, sugar + dates in the bowl of a food processor until smooth.
2. Add eggs/chia seed eggs + vanilla, pulse until combine.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, cacao magic powder, baking soda + salt. Toss in the chocolate pieces.
4. Add the flour mixture to the batter + pulse until just combined.
5. Drop by the scoop or spoonful onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for about 10 min, or just until they start to set on the very edges of the cookie.
They will continue baking after you remove them form the oven.
share your Philosophie Superfoods recipes with me! tag @philosophiemama so I can see + share with the philosophie community! xoxo