This recipe evolved because I wanted to eat those amazing (zero nutrients) macaroons I had during the holidays from Trader Joes but didn't want the junk, empty calories + sugar rush/crash.
- 2 C brazilnuts OR a mix of brazil nuts, hazelnuts + pecans
- 3 T Maca
- 3-4 Dates
- 3 prunes
- 4 drops vanilla stevia
- 2 T water (maybe more)
- 2 C coconut shreds (unsweetened) and extra for the topping
- 3 T Green Dream powder
- mix all dry ingredients in a food processor
- add wet ingredients
- roll into balls, add coconut shreds + flatten into a cookie
- put into fridge for at least 30 minutes
- EAT!!!!! share your beauty-full photos with us by tagging @philosophiemama! xo
I gave little bites of these to Leo when he was 7 months old and He LOVED them! Kai has been having 2-3 as a snack after his nap with a large bottle of Kevita--our favorite non-dairy probiotic drink! It's made with coconut water and tastes amazing! We love the plain coconut flavor but they have amazing others--sold at most Whole Foods and grocery stores nationwide.
To joyful eating!