Butternut Squash + Brussels Sprouts GF StuffingGather:
- 1 pound butternut squash, cubed
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 medium gala apple, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 T olive oil, divided into 2 T + 1 T
- 1 C onion, diced
- 1 C celery, diced
- 10 slices bread of choice: crusty sourdough, dry cornbread, whole grain, or, if you are gluten free, millet bread from Food For Life will work nicely. Prior to preparing the recipe, leave bread out for a day to become slightly dry, then cut into cubes.
- 1 1/2 C low sodium vegetable broth (plus extra as needed)
- 2 t fresh rosemary, chopped
- t fresh thyme
- t chopped fresh sage
- 1/3 C dried cranberries or dried goji berries
- 1/3 C pecans or walnuts
- Sea salt + pepper to tasteDO THIS:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the squash, brussels sprouts, apples, + shallots in 2 T oil, season well with salt + pepper. Roast till vegetables are very tender (I actually like my sprouts a bit singed) and remove from oven. Reduce oven heat to 350.
- Heat other tbsp oil in a large pot. Sautee the onion + celery till translucent (about 5-8 min). Add the bread cubes and allow them to get golden brown with the veggies in the oil. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add the roasted vegetables, vegetable broth, cranberries (or goji berries), pecans, + seasonings. Stir the mix till the broth has almost entirely absorbed in the toasted bread. Transfer to a baking sheet + bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Philosophie fans, you’re going to want these super simple cashew butter truffles that triple as a protein snack, dessert and collagen beauty booster all in one!
For these truffles, we used cashews and cashew butter as a base that supports heart health and weight loss then sweetened them with our Coconut Magic Coconut Butter which is full of healthy fats and our superfood Cacao Magic blend. We also added our vanilla collagen blend, Cosmic Elixir that naturally helps your body produce more collagen.
You can store these high vibe beauty-boosting truffles in the fridge and they last for up to a week! Such an amazing protein-packed snack and wonderful for a sweet, low glycemic index treat in the evenings!
1 cup cashews
½ cup cashew butter
1 cup almond flour
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
3 tbsp Coconut Magic Coconut Butter
4 tbsp Cosmic Elixir
Drizzle of Berry Bee Honey
In a food processor add all your ingredients. Blend, roll into golf-sized balls and pop in the fridge to harden. If your mixture is too dry, add a bit more melted coconut oil to help all the ingredients mold together!
Take out after an hour and drizzle with Berry Bee Honey and bee pollen for tons of anti-inflammatory benefits! ENJOY!
We’d love to see your beautiful truffles! Share them with us on Instagram with #PhilosophieSuperfoods!
The Jaffe kids LOVE superfood waffles and it’s definitely a morning staple around our home. They’re so easy to make and you can sneak in a ton of high-quality ingredients like your favorite superfood + protein blends. These vegan waffles are made with our immunity-boosting Berry Bliss blend, oat flour, cinnamon and applesauce. They’re crisp with a warm, soft center and so tasty.
Use unsweetened applesauce to help keep sugars to a minimum and complement it with cinnamon and vanilla to make a perfect, warm spice flavor. Mixed with Berry Bliss Superfood Powder and drizzled with Berry Bee Honey for an extra immune boost (a huge plus during the cold season), they’re the perfect brekkie for your whole family to enjoy.
Top these babies with blueberries, banana, coconut whip and a healthy drizzle of supercharged raw honey! Kid-friendly and mama approved! Recipe was created by our love Danielle (@cacaoforcoconuts_)!
2 cups oat flour
3 tsp baking powder
Dash of pink salt
Dash of cinnamon
4 flax eggs (4 tbsp ground flax, 10 tbsp water)
¼ cup almond butter
½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup vanilla almond milk
Top with coconut whip, blueberries, banana and a drizzle of Berry Bee Honey!
Make flax eggs, set aside.
Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl.
Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Set for 5-10 minutes to let oat flour absorb and fluff up.
Heat waffle maker and lightly oil.
Make waffles! Quantity will vary with waffle maker size!!
Around here we love starting the day we vibrant smoothie bowls loaded with superfoods, organic fruits & veggies, and all our favorite toppings like Cacao Bee Honey to make us feel motivated and empowered to take on the day!
This smoothie includes an easy way to get in your daily dose of greens with spinach and steamed zucchini and the detoxifying powers of Green Dream. It’s sweetened with mango, banana, dates, cinnamon and a healthy topping of our immune-boosting and nutrient-rich Cacao Bee Honey.
Enjoy this smoothie bowl created by the lovely Danielle (@cacaoforcoconuts_) when you’re looking for an ultra nutritious, yummy breakfast or when you need a little afternoon pick-me-up.
Handful of spinach
½ cup frozen mango
½ cup frozen steamed zucchini
1 frozen banana
Dulse flakes (optional but a great source of calcium & potassium, can swap for paprika)
1 cup of water
½ tsp reishi extract (optional but great for the immune system, stress support and sleep)
granola, buckwheat, Cacao Bee Honey and date spread
add everything to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth + creamy! Pour into your favorite bowl, top with your favorite toppings + ENJOY!
What veggies do you like to sneak into your smoothies or smoothie bowls? Let me know on Instagram with #PhilosophieSuperfoods!
Sharing these super yummy peppermint cacao recipes for our Philosophie family! Peppermint brownies are a seasonal must but we added a superfood twist to this classic dessert. These fudgy cacao brownies are sure to get you in the holiday spirit and we could all use a little more of that this year, right?
We added Philosophie’s Cacao Magic Superfood + Protein Blend which has an abundant source of mood-balancing cacao and plant-based protein. These delicious brownies are also sweetened with Philosophie’s Cacao Bee Honey made with cacao superfood + protein blend and raw organic honey perfect for the cold & flu season.
Peppermint and chocolate during the holidays is always a win and these brownies are perfection.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup Cacao Magic Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2-4 tbsp Cacao Bee Honey or monk fruit syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup creamy almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 banana (ripe)
- 1 ½ tsp peppermint extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- one candy cane (optional to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine all your dry ingredients - almond flour, Cacao Magic, and baking soda. Mix.
- To a blender, add the eggs, honey or syrup, melted coconut oil, almond milk, almond butter, banana, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Blend until fully combined.
- Next, add your dry mixture and blend until lightly combined.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides. Add the chocolate chips to the blender and mix with a spatula.
- Pour contents into the baking dish and shake the dish gently until the batter is even.
- Bake 24-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Crush candy cane and sprinkle on top of brownies, you can drizzle honey or melted chocolate if you’d like.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy!
We fueling up on cozy oat bowls like this one during the holiday season to keep us nourished & grounded. Spread holiday cheer at home by making these cacao veggie-packed oats and share with loved ones!
These oats are an easy way to sneak in veggies, fiber and micronutrients in a cozy bowl of oats. You may think a combination of riced cauliflower, zucchini and cacao sounds strange but trust us! The perfect brekkie or mid-afternoon snack in minutes. It’s made with a healthy serving of our Cacao Magic Superfood + Protein Blend to give your body a natural energy and mood boost.
Enjoy this beautiful bowl by Philosophie Babe, Danielle (cacaoforcoconuts_) on those cold, cozy mornings.
1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
½ cup oats
½ cup grated zucchini
1 cup water
Do This:Bring cauliflower and water to a boil.
Add zucchini and reduce heat.
Stir in the Cacao Magic and oats.
Transfer to a bowl and top!
A warm slice of gluten-free pumpkin bread loaded with dark chocolate chips makes crisp fall mornings or mellow evenings ever better. This super simple pumpkin bread recipe is SO easy to make and so much better than anything you’d find out of a box.
We’ve added our Fall Vibes Superfood Blend to give this the perfect boost of warming fall spices and grounding adaptogens to help support your stress levels during this time. Trust us: this pumpkin bread will be a family hit and what better way to celebrate the season than with an autumn classic?
1 ¼ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (or 1:1 gluten-free flour)
½ cup oat flour
½ cup almond flour
½ cup coconut sugar or monk fruit
1 tsp Fall Vibes
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup pumpkin purée
½ cup refined coconut oil (melted)
1-3 tbsp Cacao Bee Honey
3-4 tbsp non-dairy milk (depending on thickness of GF flour)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a standard-sized loaf pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flours, sugar, soda, baking powder, salt, and Fall Vibes Superfood Blend.
In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée, oil, honey, and milk. Vanilla extract optional.
Add wet mixture to dry; stir, then add in the apple cider vinegar. Combine until moistened but do not overmix. The batter will be extra thick.
Fold in chocolate chips and pour into the loaf pan.
Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until the top of the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If outside starts to brown faster than the middle is cooking, cover with foil and continue to bake until the center is done.
Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 20 minutes and ENJOY!!