Butternut Squash + Brussels Sprouts GF StuffingGather:
- 1 pound butternut squash, cubed
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 medium gala apple, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 T olive oil, divided into 2 T + 1 T
- 1 C onion, diced
- 1 C celery, diced
- 10 slices bread of choice: crusty sourdough, dry cornbread, whole grain, or, if you are gluten free, millet bread from Food For Life will work nicely. Prior to preparing the recipe, leave bread out for a day to become slightly dry, then cut into cubes.
- 1 1/2 C low sodium vegetable broth (plus extra as needed)
- 2 t fresh rosemary, chopped
- t fresh thyme
- t chopped fresh sage
- 1/3 C dried cranberries or dried goji berries
- 1/3 C pecans or walnuts
- Sea salt + pepper to tasteDO THIS:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the squash, brussels sprouts, apples, + shallots in 2 T oil, season well with salt + pepper. Roast till vegetables are very tender (I actually like my sprouts a bit singed) and remove from oven. Reduce oven heat to 350.
- Heat other tbsp oil in a large pot. Sautee the onion + celery till translucent (about 5-8 min). Add the bread cubes and allow them to get golden brown with the veggies in the oil. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add the roasted vegetables, vegetable broth, cranberries (or goji berries), pecans, + seasonings. Stir the mix till the broth has almost entirely absorbed in the toasted bread. Transfer to a baking sheet + bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Is there anything that says summer BBQ like watermelon salsa? With sweet watermelon, fresh veggies, lime juice and our raw superfood honey, this salsa is a total crowd-pleaser. Watermelon salsa is refreshing; it can be served as a side to any summer meal or as an appetizer.
Watermelon is made of over 90% water, so it’s seriously going to quench your thirst. Watermelon is also great for soothing sore muscles. Paired with the Vitamin C of Berry Bee Honey, this app is actually great for immunity during the changing seasons.
On top of being simply divine & tasty, this salsa is also abundant in antioxidants, probiotics, and omega-3s...which means that summer dreams should definitely be made of watermelon.
Lime (for juice)
Salt + Pepper
Cut and Slice the watermelon. You will need about 2 generous sized cups of small cubed pieces. Think small, so you can fit on a chip!
Set watermelon aside, as it sits, natural juices will pool at the bottom of the bowl. Before mixing with other ingredients, drain juices.
Chop mango, onion, and cucumber into small pieces
Cut and chop cilantro, we used about ½ cup (add more or less to your liking)
2 tbsp Berry Bee Honey
Juice from 1 small lime (about 2 tbsp)
Pinch of salt & pepper
Mix all ingredients into a bowl and still. Chill in the refrigerator and serve with chips - ENJOY!
Summer is for smoothies and we’re crushing on this cacao crunch chocolate smoothie! This is perfect for when you are craving something chocolatey but don’t want to go through a sugar spike.
The luscious chocolatey flavor comes from our Cacao Magic Superfood Blend, which is also naturally energy-boosting. This smoothie also has goji berries for immune system support, banana, walnuts, cinnamon and dates.
Thank you to Grace Groccia of @bewell__bygrace for this tasty summer smoothie!
1 frozen banana
Handful of walnuts
1 tbsp goji berries
2 scoops of Cacao Magic
1 cup cashew milk (or any nut milk)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 dates (optional)
Mix everything in the blender and enjoy! Top with almond butter, coconut flakes or anything of your choosing!
Share your summertime superfood creations with us on Instagram by tagging @philosophielove!
Looking for a delightful sunny afternoon snack? These chocolate covered bananas feature a nutrient-packed fruit paired perfectly with chocolate!
We amped up the healthiness factor on this carnival staple by incorporating Cacao Magic, Cacao Bee Honey, coconut oil, and wholesome toppings so that it’s A M A Z I N G L Y delicious + G U I L T - F R E E!
Gather This:1/4 cup Cacao Magic Superfood Blend
2 tablespoon Cacao Bee Honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 frozen bananas, halved
goji berries, bee pollen, cacao nibs, chopped nuts (toppings)
Melt the coconut oil and evenly mix in the Cacao Bee and Cacao Magic powder. Drizzle the chocolate mixture on the frozen bananas (on sticks if you like!) and add your favorite toppings!
If you’re a fan of coffee, chocolate and peanut butter then this recipe is for you! Made with oats, banana, coffee, peanut butter, and our superfood blend, Cacao Magic - it’s a healthy indulgence to get your day started right. Raw cacao is one of the most abundant antioxidants in the WORLD and will give you amazing energy and mental clarity.
Whip up this dreamy, dairy-free smoothie as a nutrient-dense breakfast or post-workout snack when you want to boost your energy levels, without any jitters. Plus, the low acid levels ensure no tummy troubles whatsoever. This high-vibrational coffee shake seriously helps make the most of your day.
⅓ cup soaked rolled oats (oats + filtered water)
1 frozen banana
1-2 cup chilled coffee
1 scoop Cosmic Elixir Collagen + Adaptogen Blend (optional)
1 scoop Cacao Magic
2 tbsp peanut butter
Ice cubes (to make it thick + creamy)
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz. Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
If you’re looking for an alternative way get your daily dose of greens, then these skewers are totally for you. There’s just nothing quite like biting into tender, juicy, and slightly caramelized veggies that have been kissed by a grill…so bring on the BBQ!
This dish is super easy to prepare and ready to eat in minutes! You can cook these kabobs in advance, chill them, and arrange them on a platter for later, or pop them into your mouth right off the grill. Regardless, they will still taste amazing!
And the best part is, these skewers are not only rich in color, but they are rich in nutrients too. Vegetables are naturally loaded with essential vitamins and minerals, but our Green Bee glaze, powered by mesquite, maca and manuka honey, totally sweetens the deal.
Your choice of vegetables, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons Green Bee Honey
2 tablespoons Liquid Aminos, Coconut Nectar, GF Tamari, or Soy Sauce
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon water
1-2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1. Whisk together all of your wet ingredients and season to taste. Add a little extra honey to sweeten the deal. If you’d like a thicker glaze, pour the mixture into a small pot and let it reduce over medium-high heat.
2. Season your veggies as you wish, brush them with the glaze and set them on the grill. Flip your skewers after a few minutes or so, and add more glaze if you’d like. You can also reserve your glaze to pour on top of veggies once they’re finished cooking!
* double or triple your wet ingredients for a larger glaze portion.
Get your glaze on! Show @philosophielove your grilled masterpieces on Instagram!
Stepping up your oats game is so much easier than it sounds. This nourishing oat bowl is made with oatmeal, yogurt, chia + hemp seeds, and our Cosmic Elixir Collagen + Adaptogen Blend. This oat breakfast bowl is super sweet and just what you need to make your mornings better.
Cosmic Elixir is infused with adaptogens to help balance hormones/mood and also has vanilla and collagen in it to keep you glowing all day long.
Top your bowl with dates, chia, hemp seeds, edible flowers and a drizzle of superfood honey to finish. Let us know what you think after you make this oatmeal full of sweet goodness!
Thank you to Taylor @taylorheinrich for this yummy oat bowl recipe!
1 cup organic oatmeal
2 tbsp Cosmic Elixir
1 tbsp raw superfood honey stirred into the oatmeal for sweetness + more for topping
1 tsp chia + hemp seeds
¼ cup coconut yogurt for topping
Topped with: chopped up dates, chia, hemp seeds, edible flowers and honey to finish
Pre-make the oatmeal as usual in a pot with water.
Mix the oats, honey, and Cosmic Elixir until well combined. Add in the chia + hemp seeds until well mixed. Place in a bowl and top with dates, chia, hemp seeds, edible flowers and a drizzle of honey. ENJOY!
What are some of your go-to superfood oats dishes? Share yours with us on Instagram by tagging #PhilosophieLove!