Philosophie Superfood Coconut Butters: Nutritious AND Delicious
Coconut butters are gaining popularity at lightning speed among nutritionists, athletes, and health-focused foodies, and that’s because coconut butter appears to be the holy grail of food: both nutritious and delicious! While coconut oil, which is extracted from the coconut and is liquid at room temperature, has been well known for many years now, the prevalence of coconut butter, is a relatively new phenomenon in the culinary world. Coconut butter differs from coconut oil in that it is made with the meat of the coconut and is thick and creamy at room temperature, with a texture similar to that of natural peanut butter.
How does it taste, you ask? Well, like coconut, only buttery! Many people say that eating it straight out of the jar is divine and a wonderful way to satisfy a pesky sweet craving, but there are countless ways to include coconut butters into your meals. You can use it in pretty much any application that you might use dairy-based butter!
Here's a few of our favorite ways to enjoy coconut butter:
- Spread it on toast for a creamy superfood boost!
- Blend it up with coconut milk and fruit or spices and freeze to create a decadent dairy-free ice cream!
- Mix it into oatmeal to add a lightly nutty richness!
- Add it to a smoothie for a dose appetite-curbing healthy fats!
- Drizzle it on a baked sweet potato or roasted vegetables like carrots or squash!
- Use it in place of butter in vegan or paleo sweet treats like our Cacao Magic Superfood Bark and Superfood Cookie Dough Bites!
- Add a spoonful to a stir fry, curry, or soup to impart a subtly sweet coconut flavor!
Because coconut butter includes the coconut meat, it is packed with fiber and rich in healthy fats, both of which help curb hunger by keeping you feeling full longer. Coconut butter is also full of nutrients like magnesium (beneficial to the nervous system), potassium (regulates blood pressure), vitamin C (boosts immunity), iron (boosts energy by oxygenating blood), and lauric acid (helps control cholesterol)! Philosophie Superfood Coconut Butters are made from the highest quality, organic coconut butter, with a touch a maple syrup, pure vanilla bean powder, and, of course, Philosophie Superfood Blends giving them an extra boost of nutrients and protein! Kind of like heaven…in a jar.
Be sure to try all three: Green Dream Coconut Butter, Berry Bliss Coconut Butter, and Cacao Magic Coconut Butter! We can't wait to hear which one is your favorite and how you like to get your nutrient-rich coconut butter fix!