I've been REALLY craving something sweet the past few nights but not wanting to feel like absolute crap the next day because of that said sweet craving. These are delightful tasting, clean + actually give you ENERGY versus a tummy ache! The cacao can easily be swapped for carob and pumpkin for sweet potato. Gluten-free flours are optional. Have some fun + get creative! Be sure to share the love!
- 18oz organic pureed pumpkin (or you could use sweet potatoes! I would use 2-3 medium-large)
- 2/3 C ground almonds
- 1/2 C brown rice flour (I used 1/4 C brown rice and 1/4 C buckwheat flour)
- 14-15 medjool dates
- 4 T Cacao Magic
- 3 T pure maple syrup
- 2 pinches pink sea salt
- listen to Sigur Ros (just so we're on the same page)
- if you're using sweet potatoes or a whole pumpkin, cut into chunks and place into a steamer for about 20 min until they are soft. Once they are perfectly soft and falling apart, remove them and add to a food processor (or insert boxed/canned here) with the pitted dates.
- Add remaining ingredients into a bowl, before mixing in the sweet potato/date combo. Stir well.
- Place into a lined baking dish and cook for about 20 minutes, until you can pierce the borwnie cake with a fork bringing it out dry.
- Remove the tray and allow it to cool for 10 min, this is really vital as it needs this time to stick together! Remove the brownies from the tray, leaving it another few minutes before cutting them into squares.
- Then enjoy with a glass of almond mylk (or wine, ahem) + share your pics! remember to tag @philosophiemama so we can see your gorgeous photos! xx