Sharing these super yummy peppermint cacao recipes for our Philosophie family! Peppermint brownies are a seasonal must but we added a superfood twist to this classic dessert. These fudgy cacao brownies are sure to get you in the holiday spirit and we could all use a little more of that this year, right?
We added Philosophie’s Cacao Magic Superfood + Protein Blend which has an abundant source of mood-balancing cacao and plant-based protein. These delicious brownies are also sweetened with Philosophie’s Cacao Bee Honey made with cacao superfood + protein blend and raw organic honey perfect for the cold & flu season.
Peppermint and chocolate during the holidays is always a win and these brownies are perfection.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup Cacao Magic Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2-4 tbsp Cacao Bee Honey or monk fruit syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup creamy almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 banana (ripe)
- 1 ½ tsp peppermint extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- one candy cane (optional to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine all your dry ingredients - almond flour, Cacao Magic, and baking soda. Mix.
- To a blender, add the eggs, honey or syrup, melted coconut oil, almond milk, almond butter, banana, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Blend until fully combined.
- Next, add your dry mixture and blend until lightly combined.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides. Add the chocolate chips to the blender and mix with a spatula.
- Pour contents into the baking dish and shake the dish gently until the batter is even.
- Bake 24-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Crush candy cane and sprinkle on top of brownies, you can drizzle honey or melted chocolate if you’d like.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy!