This breakfast combo is the DEFINITION of balanced! The kids and I love a classic toast breakfast...but a piece of toast with butter isn’t going to keep you full or give you the nutrients your body craves. This recipe will boost your average toast+the addition of the smoothie will keep you going for hours!!
For the smoothie, Cacao Magic is the perfect coffee replacement because the cacao gives you a little caffeine boost, without giving you an overwhelming dose that will make you crash later. I usually make each of the kids a piece of toast and then they split the smoothie between the two of them. If you’re a normal-sized human (aka an adult), feel free to make this recipe just for one!
The whole idea of “making every food a superfood” is just that--take what you would normally eat and lift it to the next level with nutrient dense superfoods. For example, by adding a sprinkle of Berry Bliss and Berry Bee Honey, an ordinary piece of toast with almond butter is instantly transformed into a vessel for tons of Vitamin C and antioxidants. BOOM! You can still enjoy all of your favorite foods, but why not elevate them to make you feel your best
...for the smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp Cacao Bee Honey or 2 soft dates
- 1 c nut milk
- 1 tbsp Cacao Magic
- 1 tbsp almond butter
...for the toast
- 2 pieces of sprouted toast
- 2 tbsp raw sprouted almond butter (or Justin’s Vanilla)
- Sprinkle of Berry Bliss+coconut flakes+dried raspberries+Berry Bee Honey drizzled
- For the smoothie, simply blend all of the ingredients together in a high-speed blender for 30 seconds to one minute
- For the elevated toast, toast the bread and spread it evenly with almond butter
- Sprinkle any superfoods and/or toppings you want. Thinly sliced banana coins are also delicious!
What's your favorite breakfast spread? Share on Instagram and make sure you tag us in your Philosophie creations!!