I’m not sure if you are all aware of this EXTREMELY important holiday...but today, August 8th, is National Zucchini Day. I know, it seems like it’s another food holiday every single day, but it’s still fun to celebrate!! Especially when it involves a heaping plate of zoodles.
What exactly are zoodles, you may ask? Zucchini+noodles=Zoodles. It's not actually pasta, it’s just zucchini that is spiralized to resemble a pasta-like shape. Let me tell you...GAME. CHANGER. I love being able to eat a huge plate of “pasta”--and have it still be raw and vegan! While there is nothing wrong with traditional pasta, this alternative packs a nutritional punch and offers a low-carb alternative. Green Dream adds even more nutrients to this dish. It's pretty low in protein, so adding Green Dream makes this light meal more filling and it will sustain you for longer. You can find spiralizers online, and even on as-seen-on-TV infomercials!! Watch our YouTube video to see how to make this recipe step-by-step!
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 3/4 C cashews
- 1/2 C pine nuts
- 1 cup of basil
- 2 T water
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1 t Green Dream
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 t garlic powder (optional)
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 t Bragg's organic sea kelp delight (optional)
- 1 t hemp seeds for seasoning
- 2 zucchinis (one per person)
- Cut both ends off of the zucchini
- Follow the directions for your spiralizer and transform your zucchini into thin ribbons, placing the final product into two large bowls
- Mix all of the pesto ingredients in a high-speed blender. If the mixture isn’t incorporating properly, feel free to add more water and/or olive oil to get things moving
- Divide the pesto sauce evenly amongst the “pasta” and stir it all together!
- Optional (but delicious) toppings include hemp seeds, herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and tempeh!
Check out our YouTube channel for tons more step-by-step recipes, workouts, and fun!!