I know that the name “Zucchini Oats” doesn’t sound too appealing...so let’s call them “Zoats” for the sake of this recipe post. Zucchinis are one of the most incredible veggies! They have a really neutral and mild flavor--You can add them to just about anything, and the taste will be completely masked. Sneak in a whole serving of veggies before lunchtime with this unique oatmeal recipe!
The shredded zucchini mixes in seamlessly, and it doesn’t even really affect the color. Once you mix in Philosophie Superfoods, you’re golden. My go-to for this recipe is Berry Bliss, but Cacao Magic is fun when you’re in the mood for something decadent and chocolatey. If you really want to go all out on the veggie goodness, stir in a teaspoon of Green Dream!
- ½ cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup of rolled oats
- ¼ cup of shredded zucchini
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 T Flax Seeds
- 1 t Berry Bliss (or Cacao Magic for a chocolate variation)
- A dash of Cinnamon
- A dash of Nutmeg (optional)
- 1 T any nut butter of your choice (for topping)
- Shred the zucchini. You can either pulse it in a blender or use a cheese grater.
- Measure 1/3 cup of rolled oats and pace them in a pan on the stove
- Add the almond milk
- Add 1/4 cup of shredded zucchini, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla to the oats.
- Turn the heat on high. Once the mixture starts boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer and place the lid on.
- Let it cook until all of the liquid is absorbed, stirring every so often so it doesn’t stick.
- If the mixture is too sticky, feel free to add more almond milk or water. When it’s done cooking, turn off the heat and add the Philosophie Superfood powder of your choice. Waiting until it’s done cooking to add the superfoods preserves the integrity of the nutrients, as they are raw.
- When it's done, serve it in a bowl with the toppings of your choice. Nut butter (my favorite is Justin’s Vanilla Almond!) or Coconut Butter is great because it gets all melty from the hot oats. I also love adding seeds, goji berries, golden berries, and coconut shreds too!
Which Zoat variation do you want to try? Berry Bliss, Green Dream, or Cacao Magic? Share with us on Twitter!