Ok, Philosophie Lovers! Here is a delicious, superfood-filled, raw, vegan, and paleo-friendly recipe that will satisfy anyone you love, from kids to hubbies! This recipe is incredibly easy to create and looks stunning when served in a clear glass! It is the perfect addition to a special brunch or a quick and healthy breakfast that can be made the night before. Here’s how!
For the Crumble:
- 1 Cup walnuts (Or any mixed nuts! Brazil nuts + macadamia nuts would also be awesome!)
- 1/2 Cup packed dates, pitted
- 1/2 Cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 Cup ground raw groats, or regular oats
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1-2 teaspoons water
For the Filling:
- 2/3 Cup blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Philosophie Berry Bliss Superfood + Protein Blend
- 3-4 dates, pitted (or 1/2 banana)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 Cups strawberries and/or raspberries
- ½ Cup pomegranate and/or goji berries, soaked in water for 30 min
For the Whipped Topping:
- 3/4 Cup cashews
- 1/3 - 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Tablespoons Philosophie Berrybee Manuka Honey (or your favorite honey or agave)
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 drops stevia
- 1/4 Cup melted coconut oil
Alternate Nut-Free Whipped Topping:
- 1 Cup packed young coconut pulp or 3/4 Cup coconut butter
- 2/3 - 3/4 C coconut water
- 3-4 drops stevia
- 8 drops pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
First, create a light, but rich whipped topping by blending the cashews, water, honey or agave, lemon juice, vanilla, and stevia in a blender until smooth and creamy. Then, add the coconut oil and blend until completely incorporated. Pour this mixture into large a pan and spread until it creates a thin, even layer. Chill for at least 6 hours or until thickened.
If you would like to create a whipped topping that is nut-free, simply add all of the alternative whipped topping ingredients, except for the coconut water, to a blender. Add 2/3 cup of coconut water and blend until smooth. Add more coconut water to thin the mixture, if desired.
Once the whipped topping is ready, create the crumble by adding all of the crumble ingredients to a food processor. Mix thoroughly until the ingredients form a moist and crumbly texture. Add a little water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to moisten the mixture if necessary.
Next create the berry filling by adding the blueberries, dates or bananas, lemon juice and Berry Bliss powder to a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer the filling mixture to a bowl and then fold in the additional unblended berries.
Now, grab a glass and begin layering! I did the fruit filling first at the bottom, then whipped cream, then the crumble and repeated that way, ending with whipped cream at the top. Add bright and beautiful berries, nuts, coconut shreds, or even edible flowers on top! Be creative and have fun thinking about those you love while you prepare them!
Be sure to share pics of your creation with @philosophiemama on Instagram and don’t forget to tag #philosophiesuperfoods!