Pucker Up! These lemon bars are so delicious you are seriously going to want to kiss yourself after making them!
Summertime is the peak season for citrus, and I just can’t get enough of it. The flavors have such a refreshing quality, and always seem to keep me feeling cool even when the sun is blazing down. And when it’s super hot outside, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven and get stuck in the kitchen…
Luckily, these lemon bars are completely raw- no oven or baking sheets required. With a date/nut base, a Berry Bee coconut cream topping, and a little lemon zest to round out the flavors, all you need are a blender, food processor and your bare hands! And to sweeten the deal, these treats are jam-packed with superfood nutrients… omega-3’s, iron, camu camu + mangosteen just to name a few! No additives or artificial yuckies here! Just pure, raw lemony goodness.
...for the base
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup raw macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Berry Bliss Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- A pinch of sea salt
… for the topping
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon Berry Bee Honey
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- juice of ½ lemon
1. For the base: blitz all ingredients in a food processor or blender, then form into a square on some parchment paper. Place in the fridge to cool.
2. For the whipped topping: add all ingredients to food processor or blender, and pulse until combined. Season to taste, and add more zest or honey if you’d like. Place in the fridge to cool.
3. Once your bars and coconut cream have chilled and set, remove from the fridge. Add as much whipped topping as you’d like, and garnish with lemon zest, edible flowers, bee pollen or maybe some coconut flakes!