Happy Parents’ Day to all you mamas + papas!
As being a parent is a lifelong job (and a 24/7 one during the early years), it’s so incredibly important to find balance in your life and regularly take moments to celebrate and nourish YOU.
Here are my five top ways to find balance amidst the daily, beautiful chaos of potty training, rushing the kiddies to school, playdates, and activities, + lulling them to sleep (sometimes with yoga!).
1. Meditate in the morning (and whenever you need to restore your balance + calm). Meditation helps me clear my head space, set my intentions + goals for the day, and just be before a busy day of work + mama responsibilities.
2. Workout regularly. Getting your body moving and your blood flowing boosts your energy, releases natural endorphins, and helps you manage and overcome any crazy, stressful hurdles that spring up during the day.
3. Teach your kids self-sufficiency. Demonstrate and show your little ones how to do a task or activity rather than simply doing it for them. In the long run, this will help your kids grow and gain greater independence and self-confidence, while giving you a moment to have a breather (instead of constantly tying their shoes or putting away their toys for them).
4. Make date nights a priority. When you have kids, it’s so critical to make sure that your role as a committed, loving partner doesn’t fall to the wayside. Hire a babysitter (or ask another couple with kids to watch yours for a night and then swap off!) and regularly schedule date nights for the two of you to bond, reconnect, + romance without having to be in parent mode.
5. Celebrate the joys of being an adult—when you’re not with your kiddies, watch an R-rated movie, sing along to that risque song on the radio, dress to the nines + dine out at a fancy restaurant, or mix up a healthy cocktail (my current go-to drink is this oh-so-yummy Philosophie Pina Colada)!
How do you find balance as a parent? Share your tips with us on Twitter with #myphilosophie!