If you’re looking for an alternative way get your daily dose of greens, then these skewers are totally for you. I’ll be the first to admit that I love eating things in their raw state, but sometimes there’s just nothing quite like biting into tender, juicy, and slightly caramelized veggies that have been kissed by a grill…
So bring on the BBQ!
I love that this dish is super easy to prepare and ready to eat in minutes! You can cook these kabobs in advance, chill them, and arrange them on a platter for later, or pop them into your mouth right off the grill. Regardless, they will still taste amazing!
And the best part is, these skewers are not only rich in color, but they are rich in nutrients too. Vegetables are naturally loaded with essential vitamins and minerals, but our Green Bee glaze, powered by mesquite, maca and manuka honey, totally sweetens the deal.
I can’t wait to grill these up over the weekend with my family. I know they will brighten up our 4th of July celebrations, and I hope they do the same for you!
- your choice of vegetables, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Green Bee Honey
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Aminos, Coconut Nectar, GF Tamari, or Soy Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1. Whisk together all of your wet ingredients and season to taste. Add a little extra honey to sweeten the deal. If you’d like a thicker glaze, pour the mixture into a small pot and let it reduce over medium-high heat.
2. Season your veggies as you wish, brush them with the glaze and set them on the grill. Flip your skewers after a few minutes or so, and add more glaze if you’d like. You can also reserve your glaze to pour on top of veggies once they’re finished cooking!
* double or triple your wet ingredients for a larger glaze portion.
Get your glaze on! Show @Philosophiemama your grilled masterpieces on Instagram!