What’s a patriotic celebration without all the fixins? Friends, family, refreshments, flags, and of course, the FOOD. This holiday, I intend on fueling myself with plenty of snacks during the day, but I have a feeling that by dinner time, I’m going to be ready for a satisfying meal!
So as a nod to American tradition, I plan on feasting on my version of a classic... BURGERS + FRIES.
Although this is a meatless and semi-bunless version, trust me, this dish is NOT lacking in flavor!! This portobello “burger” is completely scrumptious, and I love the fact that it feels like a big indulgence, when in fact, it’s jam-packed with nutrients. Each bite is full of minerals, healthy fats + superfoods... and the sweet potato wedges are the perfect sidekick. Not to mention the goji ketchup, which is sweet and spicy and super addicting.
I chose to stuff my burger with some leftover ingredients from my fridge, but feel free to change things up. Try grilling some onions, melting a slice of your favorite cheese, or throwing on some pickles!! This is your creation! So have fun with it, and most importantly, ENJOY!
For the burgers…
- large portobello mushrooms (2 per burger)
- Green Dream Superfood Protein + Blend
- additional toppings!
- s + p
For the fries… (serves 3-4)
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes, cut into chunks or wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Green Dream Superfood Protein + Blend
- s + p
For the goji ketchup (makes 1-2 servings)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sundried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried goji berries
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Berry Bee Honey
- apple cider vinegar (opt.)
- hemp seeds (opt.)
- himalayan pink salt
1. Burgers: grill your portobello “buns” until they are warm and tender. Season with salt, pepper + a few pinches of Green Dream, and stuff all of your toppings in between.
2. Fries: preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and mix your potatoes with all of the seasonings. Transfer to dish or tray, and roast until tender. This usually takes about 20-30 minutes, just make sure to toss the spuds every 10 minutes or so to help them cook evenly.
3. Goji Ketchup: add all ingredients to a small food processor or blender, and pulse until incorporated. Adjust seasoning + add salt as needed. Add a splash of vinegar or water for a smoother consistency. Top with hemp seeds if you'd like!
Have a 4th of July feast planned? Show us your lineup on Instagram and tag @philosophielove!