Marinated Kale Salad
This is a staple healthy, raw, vegan dish in our home. Everyone loves it! My husband, friends AND PUPPY! :) It will store for a few days in your fridge after marinated and prepared.
- 1 bunch fresh kale, de-stemmed and shredded
- 1 avocado, cubed or sliced thin
- 3 stalks celery, sliced thin or minced
- 1 green apple, sliced thin or minced (in the same size as your celery pieces)
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 2 T Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1/3 C olive oil
- 1 T honey or agave nectar
Put the shredded kale in a large bowl with the salt. With your hands, squeeze and massage the kale and mix it well with the salt. Keep massaging the kale for up to 3-5 minutes as the kale will darken, shrink in size and the fibers will break down. Once this happens, mix in all of the other ingredients into the bowl, except the avocado.
Serve on a pretty plate and garnish with pretty avocado pieces on top. :-)