As its strong orange stalk disappears into the roar of the juice machine, you can almost hear it shouting, "you'll never find a better juicing vegetable than me!" As far as juicing goes, this bold member of the parsley family is pretty much king-and a carotenoid king, at that.
what are the health benefits to carrot juice?
- high in Vitamin C which is great for maintaining the appearance of our skin by slowing the decline of collagen
- our most delicious source of beta-carotene (plant version of vitamin A), which is our most famous antioxidant (posses life extension properties that protect us from the toxic effects of free radicals)
- Best known for helping our eyes. Beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin all concentrate in the retina of the eye.
- And carrots enhance the overall function of our immune system by increasing the production and performance of our white blood cells.
- The pectin in carrots lowers serum cholesterol levels.
- Carrots are beneficial for dry skin problems such as psoriasis.
- They also reduce the risk of stroke
- and as if that wasn't enough, they counter the symptoms of arthritis and rheumatism
No wonder carrots were my favorite veggie growing up! I must've known inherently :)
For this Tasty Raw Carrot Juice recipe, be sure to buy organically grown.
-7 oz organic carrot juice
-2 oz organic pineapple juice (organic frozen is best, either buy it whole and cut it to freeze or buy pre cut)
-1-2 oz organic fresh ginger root (it really adds a zing so be aware to add it a little at a time until you get used to it)
-1-2 tablespoons bee pollen
1) juice the carrots and ginger together in juicer (and pineapple if fresh)
2) put juice into a blender and add the pineapple if frozen (1 Cup)
3) add the bee pollen, it will add a creamy consistency
4) add ice if the pineapple isn't frozen