Create this beautiful spring and summer salad with phytochemical-rich arugula and bell peppers, vitamin C-packed sugar peas and tomatoes, and supercharged pumpkin seeds. Toss with a zesty, superfood-spiked pesto and then customize with avocado, maple syrup, or nutritional yeast for a creamier, sweeter, or "cheesier" salad.
Lemon Pesto Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil (1 large handful)
- 2 tsp white miso paste (which is naturally salty)
- 1 tsp Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
Add to thin: warm water (start with 1/4 cup and add more as desired)
Make it creamy: add 1/2 avocado.
Make it sweet: add a splash of maple syrup.
Make it cheezy: add 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast.
- 2-3 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup arugula
- Handful mini bell peppers, sliced thin
- Handful baby tomatoes
- Handful sprouted sugar peas
- Handful of mixed seasonal sprouts
- 3 tbsp Green Dream-covered roasted pumpkin seeds (Coat seeds in superfood powders and roast them in the oven at 350F for 5-7 minutes for a wholesome crunch!)
Process the dressing ingredients until smooth in a blender or food processor, and then toss the dressing over the mixed salad ingredients. Add some beautiful edible flowers, like organically grown pansies, nasturtiums, violets, and marigold, and you’ll have yourself a magical salad fit for a summertime soiree!
We’re excited to see pics of any spring and summer salads you mix up! Share them with Philosophie on Instagram and be sure to tag #myphilosophie!