When I say that I have dessert every day, I mean I have dessert...Every. Day. My go-to is usually some raw dark chocolate, or coconut milk ice cream. I absolutely love summer because I have an excuse to eat frozen desserts whenever I want to! I’m milking every last bit of summer and still enjoying my treats! This Berry Bliss Grape Basil Sorbet is awesome because it’s super light and refreshing, but satisfies my sweet tooth!
It’s sweetened with coconut sugar, so it’s still refined sugar free. Coconut sugar is better than regular refined sugar because it has a lower glycemic index. Not only that, but it actually has health benefits too! Coconut Sugar has trace minerals and vitamins that white sugar doesn’t. Coconuts are so amazing! If I was trapped on a deserted island and could only have one thing, I would totally choose coconuts!!
The weather here in LA is changing, and with season changes your immune system is really sensitive. I'm sneaking in lots of extra Berry Bliss in my smoothies, baked goods, and even salad dressings! 1 tablespoon covers over 1000% of your Daily Vitamin C, so Berry Bliss has got your back for flu season!!
The combo of grape+basil is oddly complimentary. It's a really complex flavor profile, but it's so so so so yummy! Literally obsessed with this combo right now! And just LOOK at that vibrant purple color!! Raw foods are the prettiest!
- 1 ½ lbs seedless black grapes, washed + stemmed
- ¼ C coconut sugar
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 large basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp Berry Bliss
- 4-6 mint leaves (optional)
- Pinch of pink sea salt
- Puree grapes and sugar in a food processor until smooth
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until mixture has reduced by ⅓, or about 15 minutes
- Stir in the water, lemon juice, basil (whole leaves are ok because it will be blended later), and salt
- Let cool to room temperature
- Pour the mixture into a shallow pan and freeze until hard, or about 3-4 hours
- Transfer to food processor or blender, add Berry Bliss, and process until smooth and creamy. It should lighten in color. Serve immediately and enjoy!
What's your favorite frozen treat? Share with us on Twitter!