- 1/3 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray, butter, ghee, or palm shortening, softened
- 3 tablespoons unrefined granulated sugar (date, palm or maple sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unrefined granulated sugar (we used coconut sugar)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, vegan butter, ghee or palm shortening, melted
- 1 tablespoon Cacao Magic Superfood + Protein Powder
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine the coconut oil, water, maple syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the cassava flour, coconut milk powder, coconut flour, baking soda, and gelatin egg (if using).
- If using regular eggs, whisk in after the mixture has cooled for 5 minutes.
- Grease a bundt pan with Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray or butter, ghee or palm shortening.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients with a fork, then spread over the bottom of the bundt pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine rolling mixture. Roll one inch balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, then place inside the bundt pan. Continue until all dough is used.
- Pour melted butter, ghee, or palm shortening into remaining rolling cinnamon-sugar and stir together. Pour over the monkey bread.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a serving plate.
If you would like to make this now and don't have milk powder, replace the coconut milk powder with coconut flour. The dough will be more dry, and the sugar will not stick to each ball. Therefore, you will need to roll the dough balls into coconut milk before dipping + rolling in sugar. The result will be a much drier (rather than chewier) inner texture, but that's the cost of immediate gratification :)
This recipe was modified from the blog Paleo Parents.
We'd love to see pics of your Superfood Monkey Bread! Share them with us on Facebook with #myphilosophie!