Do you know what dish you’re bringing to your next gathering whether it’s for Super Bowl Sunday, Shabbat Dinner or even a family get-together? A veggie tray or a Crudité Platter if you want to get fancy with it (yes, always!) is traditionally a mix of raw vegetables served with a dip for an appetizer.
We don’t do anything by the book here so we added a fun mix of dried fruits, cheese, crackers with our veggies and hummus. Appetizers like these really give you space to get creative with it and add the favorites that bring you so much joy to eat!
Tips for making your own fruit + veggie tray:
- Shop through your local farmers market to check out what fruits + veggies are in season and local.
- Bright and colorful means pretty and nutritious!
- With the many different types of veggie and fruits, try to aim for 2-3 dips (we used hummus, cheese AND a drizzle of Green Bee Honey
- You can leave all your veggies raw or cooked (we left ours raw)
How to assemble your tray:
- Start with your tray and put your spreads/dips on first
- Add your bigger, bulky items
- Add in pops of color with your fruit + veggies
- Finish with remaining fruit/veggies + herbs or final touches (i.e. edible flowers and a drizzle of honey)
This colorful appetizer platter is loaded with fun winter fruits + veggies, perfect for your next get-together. We also added our fav, Hope Hummus which tastes so freakin’ good and instantly boosts the quality of any fruit + veggie spread. We paired everything with a drizzle of Green Bee Honey adding some detoxifying + healing properties into the mix. A beautiful platter like this one is such a great way to entertain and appeal to lots of different taste buds at any family/friend gathering.
Hope Hummus or any hummus dip you'd like!
Kite Hill Ricotta Cheese or your favorite cheese spread
Assorted tomatoes, olives + peppers
Squash (cut into slices)
Cut your veggies and arrange them on a platter, add dried persimmons, Kite Hill cheese, and a small bowl of Hope Hummus. Finally, drizzle some Green Bee Honey and dig in!
What are some of your favorite superfood dishes to bring to a party? Share yours with me below or on Facebook using #PhilosophieSuperfoods or #PhilosophieLove.