Alright Tribe! So I have made my fair share of chia seed puddings over the years, but I have never made one as luscious as the version I’m about to share. It’s sort of funny actually, because this recipe was a complete spur-of-the-moment creation...but it turned out so unbelievably well that is now a permanent recipe at the Philosophie household.
Last week, when I was organizing my pantry, I found a lone bag of chia seeds and a can of coconut milk. I have SO many random things in there, and figured since I missed the boat on spring cleaning, that perhaps a little “summer” cleaning would be a good idea. I’d like to note that I am not a hoarder, I just tend to hold onto things for a very very very long time...
So this was the perfect opportunity to clear out some space, and make something super yummy at the same time. I figured why not include the two things that I had noticed along with a few other pantry staples.
And actually, I think this pantry theme worked out quite well. No cooking, no chopping, and literally only a handful of ingredients. The hardest part about putting this together was figuring out how to use my new wacky contraption of a can opener to get the lid of the coconut milk. The struggle was REAL, but it was well worth it. The coconut milk makes this pudding so thick and creamy, and loads it up with an ample dose of saturated fats to support brain function and healthy appetites. I also added some Green Dream for a detoxifying and energizing boost of superfoods.
I do realize that this recipe makes A LOT of pudding for one person, so I portioned out a few servings to save for later. My boys are always hungry, and I usually have multiple people in and out of the house during the day, so having a few extra treats on hand is always a good idea...I just recommend hiding one for yourself, because once everyone gets a taste, these puddings are going to be gobbled up in a hot second!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Green Bee Honey
- 2 tablespoons Green Dream Superfood Protein + Blend
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- vanilla stevia (or a few drops of vanilla extract)
1. Pour the entire can of coconut milk into a bowl, along with the water, honey and vanilla.
2. Add in your chia seeds, protein powder and Green Dream, and give everything a good mix. Make sure all of your ingredients are combined, then add into separate jars or ramekins.3. Set you pudding in the fridge to chill (until the chia seeds absorb the liquid- about an hour so). Add a little sea salt or sweetener to taste, along with some of your favorite toppings. I am obsessed with Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter, so this was an obvious choice for me!