Not your average Cesar salad! We love this recipe by Cheryl (@cherylshealthylife) made with tofu, greens, avocado, tomatoes, purple cabbage, celery, sesame seeds and a vegan Green Dream Cesar Dressing.
When it comes to salads it doesn’t have to be boring - the more crunch and color the better. Making salads plant-based are so fun & versatile too. Here’s a tip: Prep the dressing at the beginning of the week so you can have it ready to go throughout your week!
FOR THE BUFFALO TOFU —
1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu, drained
3 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk
1 tbsp avocado oil
½ cup GF flour
1 tbsp arrowroot
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
FOR THE BUFFALO SAUCE —
½ cup Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
1 tbsp melted non-dairy butter
1 tablespoon GF flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
FOR THE GREEN DREAM CESAR DRESSING —
1 cup soaked cashews (30 min in hot water)
1 scoop Green Dream
½ cup vegan mayo
¾ cup water
1 tbsp tahini
½ lemon, juiced
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic
*blend dressing in a high-powered blender until smooth; adding more water if too thick. Store in fridge in a tight sealed jar until ready to use.
(1) Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line parchment paper on a baking sheet.
(2) Using your hands, tear the pressed and drained tofu into 1-inch nugget shapes; place in a medium bowl. Add non-dairy milk and oil, stir to coat tofu evenly.
(3) In another shallow bowl add flour, arrowroot garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper; stir.
(4) Dunk each tofu in the dry mixture. Place each tofu piece on the baking sheet & bake for 25 min
(5) In a large bowl, add all buffalo sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine. When the tofu is done, add all nuggets to the bowl with the buffalo sauce; toss to coat evenly. Place the nuggets back on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes alternating on both sides.
Assemble the salad using whatever greens you want preferably kale or romaine. Add half the dressing & massage until coated. Add in avocado, tomatoes, purple cabbage, celery, sesame seeds & Buffalo tofu. Drizzle more dressing on top & enjoy!