so, today is Cinco de Mayo. Fittingly, I had 10 avocados and the babes were asleep so the only obvious thing to do would be: Create Avocado & Green Dream BREAD! It may not sound good but you will be oh so pleasantly surprised!
It took me 5 minutes to mix the dry ingredients, 40 seconds to process and 1 minute to mix! Do a workout while you wait for it to bake!
- 2 2/3 C gluten-free flour
- 1/3 C Philosophie Green Dream superfood powder
- 1/4 C coconut sugar (or sugar in the raw)
- 1/4 C lucuma superfood powder (I used navitas) note: if you don't have this, do an additional 1/4 C sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t sea salt
- 6 egg whites (or egg replacer if vegan)
- 1/4 C coconut oil (or olive if you don't have coconut)
- 2 t fresh vanilla powder (or 1 1/2 t liquid extract)
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 3/4 C water
- 1 1/2 C avocado, peeled, pitted
- 3/4 C sunflower seeds or pistachio nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 1/2 inchx 4 1/2inch loaf pan with coconut oil cooking spray (now avail at Trader Joes! so happy!)
- Combine flour, Green Dream, sugar, baking soad, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt in a large-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add egg whites (or egg alternative), oil, vanilla, nutmeg and water into the Vitamix/highspeed blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- start at a low speed setting, turn machine on and quickly increase speed to highest. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Reduce speed to a low setting and add avocado and seeds/nuts.
- Increase speed to a medium level and blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and fold until evenly incorporated.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 min or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean!
enjoy with coconut butter, almond butter, jam or just regular butter. YUM!