Fiber breakfast cookies with Cacao Magic
You know how you’ve heard people say “eat dark chocolate” for antioxidants and abundant health? Yeah, that’s because of UNPROCESSED, RAW, VEGAN Chocolate… CACAO! Cacao powder is chocolate in it’s most raw and nutritious form. The Philosophie Cacao Magic has Cacao nibs, Cacao powder, Tocos (Vitamin E- good for skin and nails), Mesquite (high in iron & protein), Maca (good for energy & balancing mood) and 3 medicinal mushrooms that are excellent for anti-aging, preventing cancer* and healing the body.
- 1/2 cup chopped prunes or prune puree*
- 1/4 cup sweetener (such as maple, brown rice or agave syrups)
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup nut butter (such as almond, pumpkin seed or tahini)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg or 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole grain flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 cup psyllium
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup or more of nuts, seeds, trail mix, or chopped dried fruit
- 2 TBL or more of Philosophie Cacao Magic
*to give them a sweeter taste, you could add chocolate chips!
- Place chopped prunes in a blender and just cover with boiling water. Let soak while you prepare the dry ingredients. Also, lightly oil a large baking sheet and preheat oven to 350.
- Measure all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Measure all wet ingredients into the blender with the soaked prunes (do not drain), then liquify and stir into dry ingredients, combining well. Drop batter by the heaping tablespoon onto the greased cookie sheet and flatten just a bit with wet fingers or the back of a wet spoon. Bake for 15 minutes. Make sure you have a glass of water or cup of tea with each cookie. Makes about 20 cookies.
This recipe makes the cookies slightly crunchy on the outside. For a softer cookie double the amount of prune puree and apple sauce. This will make them almost muffin-like.
This amazing recipe was contributed and created by Julie Collier–THANK YOU, JULIE! Please keep sharing your delicious, creative recipes, Philosophie lovahs! I’ll keep posting them as you send them in!
Leave a comment: