Now that we’re in the heart of winter, there’s nothing like a hot, home-cooked meal to gently wind down your day. Here are 6 wholesome dinner ideas created with Philosophie Superfoods (like Green Dream + Cacao Bee!) to ensure you’re getting in plenty of nutrients, while also savoring each + every bite!
1) Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 4 large bell peppers
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1 ¾ cup chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 1 chopped jalapeño
- juice of one lime
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon Cacao Bee Honey
- cilantro, chopped (topping)
- cotija cheese (optional topping)
- salsa (topping)
- guacamole (topping)
Stir quinoa and broth together, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat to low and then simmer covered for 20 minutes (or until quinoa is light + fluffy)!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, add the olive oil, onion, garlic, and jalapeño, and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the tomato and lime juice and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the beans and cheese to the quinoa mixture and stir, combining all ingredients. Add 1/2 tablespoon of Cacao Bee Honey.
Half the peppers lengthwise and remove seeds, adding ½ cup of mixture per pepper. Top with cilantro and bake covered with foil for 35 minutes. Add more cojita cheese and bake for another 10 minutes or so until the cheese is lightly browned. Top with chopped cilantro, cotija cheese (if using), salsa, and guac of your choice!
2) Green Dream Chickpea Pasta
- 1 box Banza Chickpea Pasta (at Target or on Amazon)
- 1 pound of ground turkey or beef (or Gardein Beefless Ground)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- marinara sauce (I love Rao’s, which is usually at Target!)
- ½ tablespoon Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
- fresh basil, chopped
- parmesan (optional)
Follow directions for cooking the pasta shells on the box.
While the shells are cooking, brown the ground turkey or beef (or vegan "beef"). Chop the garlic and onions and then cook the onion for 3 minutes on medium. Add garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
Drain fat from the meat and combine the garlic + onion mixture with your favorite marinara sauce, with the Green Dream stirred in.
Combine pasta shells and sauce, add chopped basil + parmesan (if using), and enjoy!
3) Spicy Sausage and Lentil Soup
- 1 box of chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 package of lentils, already cooked (Trader Joe's has a great one)
- 1 pound of spicy (or non-spicy for kiddos) sausage, browned in skillet and then drained (or vegan sausage)
- 1 tablespoon of thyme,
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of Cacao Bee Honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
Brown meat or vegan sausage in skillet, drain, and set aside. Meanwhile, chop onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Cook carrots, onion, and celery together with olive oil for 5 minutes. Add spices, lentils, meat/vegan sausage, and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 15 minutes, top with Cacao Bee, and enjoy!
4) Pesto Turkey Burgers
For the Pesto:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup cashews
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 cup of basil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Bragg's organic sea kelp delight (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
For the Turkey Burgers:
- 1 pound of ground turkey (or vegan ground turkey)
- Sprouted whole grain burger buns (these are my fave!)
- Sliced mozzarella (or vegan mozzarella)
Combine pesto ingredients in a high-speed blender. Form the ground turkey (or vegan turkey) into patties and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on your preference. Grill or toast the hamburger buns for 1 minute on each inside, add the cooked patty, sliced mozzarella, and top with pesto sauce!
5) Lemon Artichoke Foil-Wrapped Chicken
- 4 organic chicken breasts (or Gardein Chick'n)
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 4 teaspoons Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
Lay out one sheet of 12 x 12 foil per chicken breast or Chick'n and place them in the center with 3 stalks of asparagus for each packet.
Season with salt + pepper, oregano, garlic, and juice of ¼ of a lemon per chicken breast or Chick'n piece. Top with 3 artichoke hearts and ¼ teaspoon Green Dream. Then fold foil upwards like a present and double fold the ends to seal the packet.
Bake in a large baking pan, on 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
6) "Empty the Fridge" Coconut Curry Recipe
- 4 cans coconut milk
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 parsnip
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 small squash
- sea salt
- black pepper
- crushed garlic x 1 ½ teaspoons
- fresh ginger 1 inch chopped
- garam masala
- Bragg's sea kelp seasoning
- curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
Add all ingredients (vegetables, milk, then spices) to a crock pot and cook on high for approximately 4 hours. After your curry's cooked, add the Green Dream, serve up in your favorite bowl, and ENJOY!
Which of these wholesome dinners will you be cooking up this winter? Let us know on Twitter with #MyPhilosophie!