I love packing my little ones’ lunches—it gives me a chance to create a colorful palate of foods bursting with vitamins + minerals and build a great relationship for Leo and Kai with the foods they eat.
To make sure my kids stay nourished and satisfied throughout the entire school day, I’ll include bite-size veggies like carrots and edamame beans, fruits like blueberries, blackberries, and dried dragon fruit, a protein source such as turkey roll-ups with hummus, a hard-boiled egg, or falafel with tahini, and then a healthy, energizing treat like a cacao and maca bar.
Make sure to toss in yummy snacks too (superfood berry trail mix, green pea puffs, slivered almonds, or a green protein bar are great options) to last them until the final bell rings!
Lunch Packing Tips:
1. Incorporate wholesome, yummy items that you’d love to eat yourself—foods that are beautiful and make you feel happy when you look at them so that your kiddies will feel the same way.
2. Add as many colors as possible so their lunch is a rainbow of nutrients.
3. Include protein, fiber, healthy crackers, a veggie, a fruit, + nuts or an energy bar.
4. Get inspired with the combos below + have fun! Don’t get overwhelmed by it or make it a mindless chore—get creative with what’s in your kitchen + remember that food is our nourishment, our energy, and what keeps us and our kids growing + fueled up to accomplish our goals!
Combo 1 - Paleo + Gluten-Free
- hard-boiled eggs
- edamame (Add in for a boost of protein + fiber and pop out of their shells to show off their vibrant green!)
- beet hummus
- Nut Thins (my favorite cracker for dipping hummus)
- dried fruit (my kiddies love dragonfruit)
Combo 2 - Paleo + Gluten-Free
- turkey roll-ups
- carrot hummus
- spirulina seed crackers
- slivered almonds
Combo 3 - Vegan + Gluten-Free
- sandwich made of gluten-free bread with Cacao Magic + almond/hazelnut butter (it creates an amazing, healthy Nutella-like spread)
- seaweed crackers
- superfood mix (goji, golden berries, + mulberries are super yummy together!)
Combo 4 - Vegan + Gluten-Free
What are your go-to items for wholesome kid lunches? Share them with us in the comments on the Youtube video + be sure to subscribe to the Philosophie channel for more healthy eating tips!