I ABSOLUTELY LOVE chocolate. Can’t get enough of it, ever. I’m also a fan of the oh-so-addicting Nutella, and of course, my two little boys are too. So when I found out about national Hazelnut Cake Day, I knew that I had to whip up a recipe for all of us to enjoy.
But much as eating an entire cake layered with chocolatey goodness and hazelnut flavor sounds, I had a feeling that having a bunch of “tiny” cakes would make it a bit easier to control my impulses, and also avoid an intense gut ache.
So making cupcakes seemed like the perfect solution! Perfect for getting a nice little chocolate fix, and not overwhelming!
Each individual treat has a nutella-cake base, and a Cacao Magic frosting. The cacao is nutrient-rich + loaded with minerals like iron, potassium and magnesium… and by incorporating it into an icing, you get to indulge and nourish your superfoods at the same time.
It’s definitely a decadent combo, but it’s one that you can still feel good about too!
… For the Cupcakes
- * 3 eggs
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ¾ cup nutella, or hazelnut spread
- ¾ cup nut butter
* substitute flax eggs or chia eggs for a vegan option
… For the Frosting
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- ⅔ cup Cacao Magic Superfood Protein + Blend
- ¼ cup nut milk
- ¼ cup vegan or raw chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Add your eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk for 1-2 minutes, then add the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
2. Pour your batter into a cupcake pan (liners are optional), and bake for 11-14 minutes.
3. While the cupcakes are baking, add all of your dry frosting ingredients into a small bowl. Then add the vanilla, and slowly add your milk. Whisk or beat until fluffy! And you can always add a little extra milk if the mixture is too thick, or a little extra Cacao Magic if it is too thin.
4. Remove your cupcakes from the oven, and let them cool. Then add your frosting, and devour!
What types of hazelnut treats make you happy? Show us on Instagram with #myphilosophie !