Calling all nut lovers! This deliciously creamy N O - B A K E pie pairs a Green Dream pecan filling with a walnut-date crust. Check out Pop Sugar Fitness’s video to see how to whip it up for Pi Day or any day you’d like a super simple, wholesome dessert!
For the Crust:
- 2 cups walnuts
- 3 cups of pitted dates
- 1 cup coconut flakes, finely ground
For the Filling:
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 1 cup raw pecans, soaked about 15 minutes
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1/3 cup Coconut Dream Coconut Butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Pit the dates yourself, extracting each pit and discarding.
- Add the dates, coconut flakes, and walnuts to the food processor, and mix on high until thoroughly mixed.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a pie tray. Set to the side.
- Blend all the filling ingredients together in the blender until smooth.
- Pour onto the crust of the tray, and garnish with fresh, raw pecans.
- Set in the freezer overnight or for at least 2 hours before serving. Slice up + enjoy!