Need some immunity-boosting pre-Coachella brekie inspo? Grab the recipe for the sunniest smoothie you'll ever meet on our blog – it features cashews, coconut, 'nana, turmeric, and a whole lotta lemon love!
I loved how dreamy + nutritious last month's Cacao Magic Cauliflower Smoothie Bowl was, so this week I decided to whip up a Green Dream rendition. I recommend creating this oh-so-yummy bowl when you're looking for an ultra nutritious breakfast or when you know that you'll be eating out later in the day and want to ensure your bod is super happy + nourished!
Fuel up for your St. Patty's Day shenanigans with this Superfood Shamrock Shake! A serving of our Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend, along with a handful of spinach or kale, gives this detoxifying drink its vibrant green color. And be sure to whip up extra for your little leprechaun friend to enjoy – they won't be able to resist the magical minty taste and sprinkling of bee pollen "gold"!
Next week during the Nourish Your Soul Retreat in Tulum, Mexico, we’ll be healing our bodies with delicious, wholesome meals, so that we’ll be ready to take on all that 2016 has in store. Even if you're miles away from Mexico, join us on this cleansing, restorative journey by whipping up a Mac Attack Smoothie, a Dijon Kale Salad, and Chocomole in your own kitchen!
Whenever I post pictures of my smoothie bowls, I always get comments from people asking how I make them. Well, I’ve broken down my secrets to making the most divinely nourishing smoothie bowls right here! Check it out!
Several weeks ago, I chatted with Elyse Wagner of My Kitchen Shrink to discuss how to make simple but significant changes in your life by adding superfoods to your diet. Elyse is a Certified Nutritionist as well as a positive psychology professional and coach, and she has made it her mission to help others achieve healthy perspectives on food and their bodies by developing positive attitudes and behaviors around diet, nutrition and wellbeing.
With the approaching season change from Summer to Autumn, it's especially important to physically, emotionally and spiritually shed the skin of the past few months and move into a new phase. A wonderful way to facilitate this change is to do a Philosophie cleanse.
What can I expect during a Philosophie cleanse?
During the cleanse duration (either 5 days or 14 days) you can expect to experience a challenging first 2-3 days. Most of our Philosophie cleansers get headaches between days 1-3. Some only experience them for 1 day and then it goes away. Others may feel it in their body or feel overly lethargic as the toxins are moving out of the system. I call Day 3 the *Magic Day* because this is when you really feel an energetic and physical shift. You feel more energy, more excitement, more focus and notice your skin is glowing and your body feels overall much lighter. Clothes feel looser. If you can get past day 3, you will fly to through the rest.
What if I get hungry in between the meals and snacks on the cleanse menu?
No problem! This cleanse is NOT a fast. It's not a deprivation but instead, a SATURATION of nutrients. It's much more important to snack on foods from the cleanse (have another helping of soup/smoothie/salad or have an additional smoothie) rather than feel hungry. That's not the point. We encourage you to eat as much as you want to feel satisfied and to allow the body to recalibrate. By the 3rd day your body will be regulated and only crave what it's truly hungry for nutritionally.
A few extra tips for the Philosophie Cleanse:
- try and plan your cleanse when you don't have evening plans (i.e. dinner plans, social events)
- if you do have social events, eat your Philosophie cleanse food/meal BEFORE going and BRING your snack of juice, smoothie or trail mix in your bag so you a can nosh while you're there. If there's a veggie platter or fresh fruit, you can snack on that, too!
- Make sure you get EXTRA sleep. Go back to sleep in the morning if you have the ability to. Call in sick to work. Take a vacation day if you need it. Take a nap. Your body will be working extremely hard to cleanse the system, so be sure to nurture yourself.
- drink half your body weight in ounces EVERY day. This helps accelerate the cleansing process and speeds up the painful first few days ;)
- find a friend and do the cleanse together. If you live with someone else, have them do it too or give up something that's difficult for you to watch or be around. If your husband/girlfriend/mom won't do the cleanse with you, have them give up coffee and processed food and sugar for the duration of your cleanse. If you gather 3 friends to do the cleanse with you (co-workers, friends, family, neighbors) you not only get a really amazing discount but you can cook together, have get togethers, support each other!
- join the facebook Philosophie Cleanse group! email us for the invite.
- Journal. Stream of consciousness. Do art. anything to let whats going on inside come out. Although eating food appears to mostly be a physical act, it's actually very tied in to our emotional and psychology. Work through what's going on within your heart and mind. Let go of what isn't serving you to allow space for what WILL work.