Let’s call it a steak night! Well, kind of. Whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian, or just looking to shake things up, this scrumptious, roasted cauliflower dressed in a zesty chimichurri sauce will totally hit the spot. Meat or not.
So what exactly is chimichurri? It’s a bright, herbaceous, South-American sauce typically paired with grilled meats and fish. So we’re slightly tweaking tradition here, and serving it alongside some smoky, tender cauliflower. I’ve also added in Green Dream, for a little boost of plant-based protein, and of course, energizing superfood greens!
This is a super simple dish to prepare, and the sauce is a pure knockout. Trust me! It was hard NOT to polish off the entire batch in one sitting. But, I resisted. And now I have some extra stashed in the fridge…we’ll see how long it lasts!
For the Cauliflower Steak:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoky paprika
- Himalayan pink salt + black pepper
For the Chimichurri:
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 1 small handful of cilantro
- ¼ cup of avocado oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- a squeeze of lime juice (plus a pinch of zest)
- 1 tablespoon Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon smoky paprika
- salt + pepper
- Green Bee Honey (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut you cauliflower into 1-inch “steaks," and lay flat on your baking tray. Rub them down with the oil, and season well. Roast for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown (flip steaks over about halfway through). Remove from oven, and set aside.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, add all of your chimichurri ingredients to a blender (with the exception of the honey), and puree on a low setting. Slowly add the olive oil until the sauce begins to emulsify. For a thinner sauce, add more oil. Season to taste, and add a tablespoon of Green Bee Honey for a touch of sweetness!
- Drizzle your roasted cauliflower steaks with the chimichurri, add a dash of fresh parsley on top, and DEVOUR!