These gluten-free Cacao Magic Walnut Brownies are a FAVE in my house. They’re pretty much always gone after a day or two, especially if we have friends or family over. As they’re perfect for kids’ parties, potlucks, or if you want to win over your office with a guilt-free treat that tastes like heaven, you’ll definitely want to be adding this recipe to your Dreamy Desserts Pinterest board.
To make these wholesome treats, I take a traditional brownie recipe and swap out butter with coconut oil, refined white flour with almond flour, and refined sugar with maple syrup + Cacao Bee Honey. I love using coconut oil since it has natural saturated fats that increase the levels of good cholesterol and promote a healthy heart (I also add it to my smoothies!). Almond flour is a great flour alternative since it’s gluten-free, low in carbs, and high in both protein and fiber. Plus, nixing refined sugars and going with Mother Nature’s sweeteners–especially when they’re supercharged with superfoods–is always a good call.
When you add in the eggs, brain-boosting walnuts, and Cacao Magic (which contains an assortment of potent superfoods like reishi and maca), you’ll bake up ultra energizing, nourishing brownies that are full of vitamins, minerals, and protein!
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup Cacao Bee Honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Cacao Magic Superfood + Protein Blend
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8" square pan or 9" round pan (either should be at least 2" deep).
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, salt, honey, maple syrup, chocolate chips, vanilla, Cacao Magic, walnuts, and eggs.
- Stir in the almond flour and baking soda.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it to the edges.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes until the top is set and a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (or nearly so, with perhaps a few wet crumbs or a tiny touch of chocolate at the tip of the tester).
- Remove the brownies from the oven and cool them for about 15 minutes before cutting. Once the brownies are cool, cover them tightly with plastic. Store at room temperature for several days or freeze for longer storage.