Now that fall is upon us, we’re beginning our gentle cleanses to welcome the new energy of the season. The best part about nourishing food-based cleanses is that they naturally detoxify the body without making you feel hungry all of the time, which is super common during juice-only cleanses. Instead, you restore your body with vibrant, healing foods and supplements like Hum Nutrition that further amplify the benefits of your cleanse!
The Philosophie Cleanses provide LOTS of fiber, so while you're cleansing, I recommend taking Hum Nutrition’s Flatter Me, which helps your body digest what you eat, as well as reap all of the nutritional rewards of these foods. If you aren't digesting your food properly, you’re not getting all that you can out of these high vibrational fruits, veggies, and superfoods!
While cleansing, I also love taking Hum Nutrition’s Beauty ZzZ, which ensures that I get a night of quality sleep. A full 7-9 hours of sleeps is SO essential to our day-to-day routines, let alone when we’re doing a cleanse.
If you're looking to feel lighter or gain more internal clarity, definitely check out our line of cleanses + email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help choosing the right cleanse for you!
Do you have any questions about your Fall Equinox Cleanse? Share them with us on Twitter with #MyPhilosophie!
The simple act of walking can be one of the most blissful and serene moments in your day. It’s an opportunity to clear your head and be mindful of your surroundings – to celebrate and savor the small, beautiful things in your community. The vibrant marigolds, the toddler and her mother playing in the sprinklers, the mailbox with the flamingo whirligig bobbing up and down in the wind. The sweet things that are not to be missed and won’t be missed when you fully embrace the practice of walking.
To cultivate a walk that is both meditative and rejuvenating (and in every sense, a chance to stop and smell the roses), follow these 5 tips before you step out the door.
- Hydrate with a nourishing superfood smoothie. It’s important to keep your body properly hydrated, especially if you’re taking a walk in the heat of summer–nor do you want to be hungry! Blend up coconut water, leafy greens, a frozen banana, mango, and pineapple, along with some chia and flax seeds, for a nutrient-rich, tropical drink that will help you focus on your walk.
- Wear cute, comfortable clothes and shoes. Slip into a workout top and tights that will let you move freely (and not overheat), along with a pair of kicks with good support.
- Keep your phone at home (or in your pocket). When you begin you walk and step outside, think of it as entering your yoga studio. Let your phone rest. Leave your list of to-dos, your dinner plans, that spreadsheet you’ve been working on all morning behind. Limit distractions that would bring you back into the daily grind of your life and – instead open yourself up to the “distractions” of the outside world – the fireflies, the oak trees, an old jazz tune floating out of a neighbor’s cracked window.
- Set an intention for your walk. Again, think of this as a yoga practice, where you set an intention, a guiding light that helps you stay on the path you’d like to walk. It could be an intention to find gratitude, to be open and receptive to your surroundings, or to find calmness and serenity during your steps.
- Walk with a friend or your four-legged pal. Ask a friend to join your walking meditation. Instead of swapping work stories or recapping the latest episode of your favorite show though, take the time to explore your environment together. Dogs also make wonderful buddies for walking meditations since they’re fully tuned into the moment (squirrel!) and can help you connect to it as well. If your dog is being extra good on your walk, be sure to reward him or her with these Superfood Doggy Biscuits!
This spectacularly layered yogurt pudding recipe brings together the detoxifying, beautifying powers of Green Dream + Berry Bliss! Make this dreamy creation on a weekend morning when you have plenty of time to savor the gorgeous green and magenta hued pudding OR as a midday treat when you need to boost your energy levels, fight any hunger pangs, and allow your mind to meditate on the relaxing task of preparing a high vibrational food.
So what goes into making this beauty? It's actually quite simple! Each layer only features 4 ingredients – a superfood blend, a superfood-infused honey, yogurt, and leafy greens or juicy fruits. Just blend up each protein-packed layer and pour into a tall glass, along with any granola or fave toppings!
- 2 cups of yogurt of your choice
- 1/2 cup mixed berries or pitaya
- handful of spinach
- 1 teaspoon Green Bee Honey
- 1 teaspoon Berry Bee Honey
- 1 teaspoon Green Dream Superfood + Protein Blend
- 1 teaspoon Berry Bliss Superfood + Protein Blend
- granola (optional topping)
In the blender, combine one cup of yogurt with spinach, Green Dream, and Green Bee Honey. Set aside. Blend a separate cup of yogurt with the berries/pitaya, Berry Bliss, Berry Honey, and set aside. Layer a jar with the two yogurt blends + sprinkle with granola or more fruit!
We have another ridiculously delicious Cacao Magic cookie recipe this week from talented Philosophie Babe, Caroline of Caroline's Kitchen! Not only do her chewy chocolatey cookies pack in the protein, they're also filled with crunchy bits of hazelnuts and cacao nibs. DREAMY.
These Hazelnut Cacao Cookies are slightly cakey, rich in flavor, and have the perfect amount of sweetness. The base of these cookies is a mix of almond flour and coconut flour. The combination of these two flours keeps them from being dry or dense like many “healthy” cookies, and they’re also grain free!
I added Cacao Magic, a mix of cacao, superfoods, and hemp protein with no added sugars, to add more protein and nutrients to each cookie. Unlike most protein powders, the Cacao Magic is completely unsweetened and contains no additives, fillers, or emulsifiers, just 100% pure goodness!
The flavor of these cookies is seriously amazing! The cacao powder gives them an amazing rich chocolate flavor, while the coconut sugar, one of my favorite low glycemic sweeteners, adds just the right amount of sweetness. Each bite contains bits of chopped hazelnuts and cacao nibs that add the best texture and crunch. Hazelnuts and chocolate is always a winning combination. Nutella fans, this is for you.
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons Cacao Magic Superfood + Protein Blend
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, and Cacao Magic in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the coconut oil, egg, almond butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla to a medium mixing bowl, and whisk to combine. Make sure the coconut oil is cooled and the egg is at room temperature, otherwise the coconut oil will harden!
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold with a spatula to combine until a dough forms. Add the cacao nibs and hazelnuts and fold again.
5. Scoop the cookie into 11 or 12 balls, depending on how big you want them, and place on the lined baking sheet. Flatten the balls slightly with your hands. The cookies will spread a little, but not a lot due to the coconut flour.
6. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, then place them on a cooling rack to cool. Enjoy!