5 Tips for going Raw Vegan-an interview
October 24, 2010
Hi lovely Philosophie readers! <3
Here are 5 Tips I gave to London's delicious restaurant Insprial to start bringing more raw and vegan foods into your life.
Sophie's Top 5 tips for going raw-vegan
- Luckily, no matter where you live, anything is available now. Get a fun cookbook (or "uncook" book!) or DVD from the internet and get started!
- Begin slowly. Don't take on too much. Cut things out one at a time, dairy seems to be the hardest for people. Start with just milk for example, supplementing with almond or rice milk. From there move to raw cheese, etc.
- Make sure if you are going vegan, it's for the right reasons. I've heard plenty of people (especially in the Hollywood community) that "went vegan" to get "skinny" like celebrities. Then they end up gaining weight! You want to make choices that please you and make YOU happy, not just following trends blindly.
- Whichever new diet you take on, be sure to get enough green vegetables.
- Always know that we are ever evolving creatures and constantly going through phases. Be patient with yourself!! This is supposed to be enjoyable, not a punishment.
The full interview can be found on the Inspiral website, where I designed their new raw and vegan full menu! I wish they were closer!!! I miss their desserts BADLY :( (vegan tiramisu anyone!?! eek!) Full Interview: Click Here